Visions and Values
Northfield Road Primary School is a safe place where pupils can explore who they are, who they are going to be and how they fit into an ever changing world.
“Anchoring our future”
It is the right of all pupils and members of the school community to have access to high quality learning, experienced through high quality teaching. At Northfield Road Primary School, staff sequence learning into granular chunks which are planned carefully, identifying misconceptions and securing new learning. Work is regularly revisited and retrieved to ensure that it ‘sticks’ in the long term memory and is transferable to different concepts and ideas and supports new learning. Pupils of all abilities are developed, working at different starting points, and in different ways to ensure success for all.
With this right comes shared responsibility.
- Stronger together – working together towards a common goal
- Linked together – between staff, pupils, parents and the community
- and Caring together – being open, respectful and showing kindness
There is an inclusive curriculum that ensures every individual has high expectations of themselves and others. Oracy is developed to enable learners to articulate with increasing effectiveness; establishing a fuller and richer vocabulary across the curriculum. Pupils are taught explicitly about the local area and its rich heritage with strong community links. They learn from each other’s cultural diversity and our inclusive school.
We believe that we should all strive to keep getting better and invest in people:
- Pupils are explicitly taught what learning behaviours are, their features and what effective learners do. Over time, pupils begin to use these learning behaviours automatically.
- Staff training and development is based on proven research and is a key driver to ensure excellence in teaching and learning across the school. It is of high quality, regular and measured.
- Parents in the wider community work in partnership with our school to strengthen the links supporting school improvement